Wind River Cellars

Wind River Cellars

Monday, July 30, 2007

 
C is for the comfort you bring me when I'm away from Husum.
A is for the attractive downtown community.
M is for the many great people.
A is still for the attractive downtown community.
S is for the super great time I had once again at the Camas Days Wine and Beer celebration.

I still can't figure out my attraction for Camas. All I know is that whenever I go there for an event I have a really great time. I look forward to next years event.

It has been another great week here at Wind River Cellars. It seems like all of the visitors were either from New York or Minnesota. I'm going to have to favor Minnesota visitors over the New Yorkers. When Minnesota visitors aren't familiar with a variety such as Tempranillo or Lemberger they ask about it. New Yorkers just skip it and go on to Merlot. People from Minnesota always comment on the great beer and wines that are produced in the Northwest. New Yorkers talk about New York wines (which everyone knows blow donkey ass) and think that Michelob is a fine crafted brew. People from Minnesota come up our road and comment on what a beautiful drive it was. New Yorkers walk in and say something like "We didn't think we would find you". People from Minnesota come to the Gorge and realize how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful place. New Yorkers think that we live here because we're not smart enough to live in New York. I might just change our policy and not allow New Yorkers in the tasting room.

Employee of the Month Runner-up, Ryan will be covering the tasting room next weekend while Kris, Hollywood, Poison Rose and myself take our show on the road for some official winery business. As many of you know, EOTM Runner-Up, Ryan tends to run the tasting room a little differently when we're gone. He likes to pour generous samples, he likes to give barrel tastings, and sometimes he'll even get out the guitar and entertain people on the deck after hours. If any of you see such behavior next weekend please notify me immediately.

The White Salmon river is still providing a thrilling white water rafting experience and August is always a great time to do it. Follow it up with a visit here and you've got an experience that you can only get in Husum.

I'm thinking about having one last summer blowout party here at the winery. If you have any ideas let me know. I'm thinking that it could involve some live music. If you bring someone from Minnesota or Camas you get a free glass of wine. Stay tuned for details.

It was just a fling. I could never love Camas the way I love you, Husum!

Joel

Archives

April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   August 2009   October 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Contact Us  |  Site Map

  Site by Locus