Wind River Cellars

Wind River Cellars

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

 
It blows my mind how many of you email and bitch at me when I go more than 7 days without
throwin' down some blog. This past week may well have been the busiest of my life. My memory is fuzzy but last week we hosted what seems like millions of guests, friends, salesmen and colleagues. I think a relative or two even came by. When it all unfolded I think I enjoyed the guests the most. Friends tend to drink all our wine, salemen seem to waste all our time, colleagues can't talk about anything that doesn't have to do with wine and relatives either stay too long or not long enough. (Felix and Michelle, it was the latter.)

On top of all the people, we also hosted the Wind River Cellars Golf Scramble on Saturday. I wasn't able to attend because a group of people called earlier in the week and said they were coming up so I stayed in the tasting room. The group never showed up and I hope they die. When I did get to the golf course for the post scramble party I got the feeling that some of the participants had been drinking. I can't remember the last time I was the most sober person in a room of 100 people. Husum locals, Jill and Steve, along with Steve's father and Gumby won the cup and $10,000. Most of the other participants went home with one of the many prizes donated by Josh and Ryan (Not to be confused with employee of the month runner-up, Ryan).

Visitors of the week include the wonderful people from Kansas, all 30 or so of them. It's lonely without them and I feel like "Dust in the Wind". Other favorites include Joe and Amy from El Mirador Winery, Bob and Denise from Cascade Cliffs Winery, Regan, Andrew, Sarah, the group from Arkansas, the brewery accountant, Josh and Ryan and most of all, Alicia, Paula and Jon. Those of you who were 1 of the hundreds to come up over the weekend had the opportunity to enjoy the great fun that Alicia, Paula and Jon bring when they work in the tasting room. Alicia worked so hard on Saturday that she had to lay on my couch all day on Sunday. She said she wasn't feeling well. She barely touched her pancakes at the Husum Fireman's Breakfast. I had so many great tasting room guest this past week that I'm forgetting several. I'm sorry for that.

This Friday and Saturday I will be pouring wine at the Camas Days Wine/beer Festival. This is always a great time to come out and buy me a cold one. Employee of the month runner-up, Ryan will be slingin' samples in the tasting room all weekend. He might even get out the guitar.

You can crash on my couch any time, Husum!

Joel

Comments:
So, I just got around to reading your blog and I feel FAMOUS because you mentioned Phelix and me!!!
We had such a great time during our visit that we have been bragging about the "family winery" to everyone...hehehe :) We have some friends that would like to come back up with us so you’ll have to let me know the best time of year to invite them. They are real wine connoisseurs so you’ll have to be on your best behavior of course ;)

Love,
Us

PS- Trinity really misses her cousins Poison Rose and Hollywood. She now runs up to every boy with white/blond hair and says “Adam, Onner, Tasha”…poor girl she’s just so confused...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   August 2009   October 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Contact Us  |  Site Map

  Site by Locus